Crumbliest Scones

Crumbliest Scones – crumbly and delicious homemade scones recipe by Jamie Oliver. Afternoon tea has never tasted so good!

Originally published in November 17, 2013. Updated with new photos


I love having afternoon tea and I am especially partial to scones. There is just something about those warm, crumbly, classic English scones served with clotted cream or jam, with my favorite cup of tea or coffee. However, it’s not easy to find good scones where I am, so whenever I have a sudden cravings of scones, I love baking my own scones!

This crumbliest scones recipe is adapted from Jamie Oliver. The recipe is very easy and straight forward. The end result was just like what Jamie Oliver claimed. The scones are crumbly, and the dough had risen taller than usual. They are especially heavenly when they are just hot off the oven. I didn’t have any clotted cream so I just served them with butter.

For the egg wash, I combined the egg yolk with some condensed milk. The end result is gorgeous, glistening, glossy and golden color. This recipe is a keeper and now you can throw your own English afternoon tea party!